Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Sinking like a rock



This past Saturday we worked a bit on our bike trainers... that's where you put your bike on a stand (a trainer) and work on spin revolutions (cadence). It had been the first time that I was on a bike since Vineman 2004 (see www.IronMel.com for the Vineman story). Needless to say, I was pretty sore. I got a chance to see my butt in the mirror and noticed two bruises where my butt bones meet the bike seat.

Yes, I was talking about my butt, and sorry... you talk about things like this during endurance race training. Wait until I start talking about urine and the color that it should be!

Anyhow, getting back to the subject of this post. The coaches said that if you are a good marathoner, then you will run well. Same goes for the bike and the swim. When you start to combine them in training, then your next run might only be 5 miles, and you may get more tired than you normally feel.

Last night I had a swim workout. In recent weeks, I had been doing really well in the swim. Last night, my legs were sore, I felt like I was sinking, and I was having a hard time breathing. It felt like I didn't know how to swim... like I was drowning. My breathing sounded terrible too. I was weezing, as if I was having an asthma attack, without the attack (I probably took in too much water). I cut my workout short because I felt like dog poo.

Anyhow, I want to get back in the pool and work through this hurdle. I guess one thing I have to look forward to for my next swim is the post-swim massage! It'll be my first massage of the season.

No comments: