Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Pull-up bars and the IKEA weight lifting program

I managed to get in a few quality workouts this week. I am trying to be consistent with my weight training as well. This brings me to my first item.

I have a pull-up bar upstairs in my house. Everytime (almost) I see it, I do 5 pull-ups. By biceps feel pretty good, and they look bigger! Well, there is less of me, so maybe it's an optical illusion.

In addition to the pull-ups, I've been doing push-ups, sit-ups, lunges, squats, abs, etc. But the best workout happened this past weekend.

IKEA was having a 15% off everything sale. We went on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I lifted about 200 lb. of awkwardly shaped furniture. Now, I'm sore (and poor).

Lastly, I worked on my swimming last night. I think I was able to refine my technique such that my hips don't sink. And, the pool was empty because of Halloween. Cool!

No comments: