Tuesday, October 11, 2005

A few more thoughts and stats

Something important to start the season is to know where I am starting from.

  • I am 32 years old... will be 33 years old when the race starts.
  • Currently I weigh 182 ± 3 lb and stand at 5'6". My ideal weight is about 165 lb. If you believe the charts, I should be 140lb. I'm pretty sure I would be dead at that weight.
  • Last time I checked, my resting heart rate was 43 beats/min.
  • My fastest marathon (26.2 mi... and yes all marathons are that distance) is 5:22.
  • I'm currently taking a master's swim course 2-3 days a week.

Earlier this year, I was about 210 lb. Then I watched the film, "Super Size Me," where I guy ate nothing but McDonald's food for 30 days (highly recommended viewing). Since the film, I haven't eaten any fast food.

In fact, during a 3 week period in February 2005, in which I cooked my own food (including more butter than is necessary), while not exercising, I dropped 10 lb. I then enhanced that with exercise and dropped an additional 20 lb. It wasn't low-carb or any stupid stuff like that. I just simply ate better food, lowered my intake, and increased my exercise. And for those of you thinking that's too hard, try parking really far away from the entrance to CostCo instead of waiting 10 minutes for that one spot that is about to open.

Last thing... Obesity is on the rise in America and around the world. We should walk more.

No comments: