Monday, October 17, 2005

Hockey... until next year

Well, I played my last game of hockey for a while. I've been playing beginner coed rollerhockey on Fridays at the Bladium (Alameda, CA) for the past 3 months, and the season came to a close with a 2-1 loss in the playoffs. I went out in style by scoring our team's lone goal, but it just wasn't enough. It was a sweet wrister on a breakaway. I had another opportunity to tie it up on yet another breakaway, but I was hauled down in front of the net with 3 minutes to go.

I won't be playing simply because the rigors of IronMan training AND hockey will be a bit too much to handle.

Sunday was Iron University #2 with TNT. We covered dynamic run drills, weight training, injury prevention, and swimming. My triceps are killing me right now (must be from the diamond push-ups and the reverse bench tricep press). It hurts so good!

I followed it up with what I can only assume is an MSG induced coma (from a new Thai restaurant that I tried). My head hadn't hurt this bad since the last time I had MSG... which caused me to swear off of it.

No comments: