Friday, February 10, 2006

Train, sleep, work, repeat...

Been pretty busy. This past weekend was the first in about a month in which I did not have to go to work. On top of that, I got sick. It wasn't anything tragic, though I did lose my voice. It's a respiratory illness, so I have shyed away from my normal swim schedule of Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

I did go to my swim workout the past Wednesday. While it wasn't a huge mistake, it might have been a bit premature. My form felt awkward. I also think that being out in the water aggrevated my cold.

I did a long run last weekend with the team up at Inspiration Point. It was a 8.5 mile rolling hill run. I finished it in 78 minutes.

And I'm tired...

Oh waah.... get me a waahmbulance.

In spite of the complaining, I am so glad to be here. Back in the winter of 2002, when I did my first event with TNT, Coach Al put it all in perspective. This is what he said (and I'm paraphrasing a bit):

"It's cold. It's rainy. It's windy. And it's 5 am. But remember this. You made the choice to come out today. There are others, who are not able to make that choice. People who are ill cannot make this choice. They would gladly switch places with you, if it only meant that they can feel the wind on their back, the rain on their faces, and to be a little cold. It would mean that they are alive."

I am thankful for this opportunity.

Train, sleep, work, repeat...

No comments: