Thursday, February 23, 2006

Danville DOUBLE BRICK

Posted by Picasa














The team did a double brick in Danville this past Sunday (2/19). What's a BRICK? I'm not really sure what it stands for, but I think it means Bike Run In Combo Kinda. Essentially it is workout in which you bike then run.

Now I know that it seems simplistic, but to those of you who have ever biked really hard, then decided to run right afterwards, then you'll know exactly what I mean. The muscles emphasized in each discipline are different. The bike uses more quads whereas the run uses more hamstring. They are two opposing muscle groups... which feels like your muscles are fighting each other.

The best way that I can describe the experience is that it feels like I'm holding in my pee.

We biked on trainers for about 80 minutes. That was followed by a 40 minute run. Then we got right back on our bikes for a 29 mile ride though rolling hills in Danville. Then we went for another 40 minute run.

It was an easy 4.5 hour day of training. Of course this is nothing compared to 17 hours at IronMan!

Be sure to donate! www.IronMel.com

No comments: